In assembling this forum, we sought to explore how and why we do Asian Canadian studies. We asked our contributors to discuss their relationships to Asian Canadian critique, how their particular locations inform their approaches to diaspora studies, and their views on pedagogy. Contributors were encouraged to use these questions as launching points into a conversation about reimagining Asian Canadian studies rather than a checklist. Their responses move between personal, professional, and intellectual registers and reflect the ongoing commitments and debates that have underscored the field. They also remind us of the ways in which our methodologies are shaped by particular narratives of Asian Canadian studies.
- Armstrong, Bob. Prairie Fire Review of Books. 12.1 (2012): 1-4. Print.
- Broadley, Laura. “Goderich Ready to Welcome Syrian Refugees.” Goderich Signal Star. 1 Feb. 2016. Web. 1 Jul. 2016.
- Compassionate Canada. Compassion International Inc. n.d. Web. 6 Sept. 2015.
- Findlay, Stephanie, and Nicholas Köhler. “Too Asian: Some frosh don’t want to study at an Asian university.” Macleans. 10 Nov. 2010. Web. 12 Jan. 2012.
- Leong, Karen J., and Myla Vicenti Carpio. “Carceral Subjugations: Gila River Indian Community and Incarceration of Japanese Americans on Its Lands.” Amerasia Journal 42:1 (2016): 103-120. Print.
- Mclellan, Janet. Cambodian Refugees in Ontario: Resettlement, Religion, and Identity. Toronto: U of Toronto P, 2009. Print.
- Muñoz, José Esteban. Cruising Utopia: The Then and There of Queer Futurity. New York: NYU, 2009. Print
- Munro, Alice. “Haven.” Dear Life: Stories. New York: Vintage, 2012: 110-32. Print.
- “Pierre Elliott Trudeau Welcomes Cambodian Refugees in 1980.” CBC News. 8 Dec. 1980. Web. 9 Dec. 2015.
- Scrivener, Leslie. “Where Alice Munro Found Her Stories.” Toronto Star. 20 Oct. 2013. Web. 1 Jul. 2016.
- Tang, Eric. Unsettled: Cambodian Refugees in the NYC Hyperghetto. Philadelphia: Temple UP, 2015. Print.
- Walter, Benjamin. “The Origin of German Tragic Drama.” Trans. John Osborne. London: Verso, 1998. Print.
Please note that works on the Canadian Literature website may not be the final versions as they appear in the journal, as additional editing may take place between the web and print versions. If you are quoting reviews, articles, and/or poems from the Canadian Literature website, please indicate the date of access.