Canadian Literature is excited to announce the shortlist for the 2013 Canadian Literature Best Essay Prize. The following five articles have been nominated:
- Richard Brock, Body/Landscape/Art: Ekphrasis and the North in Jane Urquhart’s The Underpainter (#212, Spring 2012)
- Ana María Fraile-Marcos, Urban Heterotopias and Racialization in Kim Barry Brunhuber’s Kameleon Man (#214, Autumn 2012)
- Deanna Reder, Susan Gingell, Allison Hargreaves, Daniel Heath Justice, Kristina Bidwell, and Jo-Ann Episkenew, Thinking Together: A Forum on Jo-Ann Episkenew’s Taking Back Our Spirits: Indigenous Literature, Public Policy and Healing (#214, Autumn 2012)
- Germaine Warkentin, The Age of Frye: Dissecting the Anatomy of Criticism, 1957–1966 (#214, Autumn 2012)
- I. S. MacLaren, Paul Kane’s Wanderings of an Artist and the Rise of Transcontinental Nationalism (#213, Summer 2012)
The winner will be announced at the ACQL reception on May 24th at Brock University in the Cairns Family Health and Bioscience Centre, Room 200, from 6 to 7 pm.